Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Season 3 Episode 1 " Uniquely Uruguayn" (6-5-17)

Thoughts for 365 days
Thoughts left - 183 days
Season 3 Episode 1
"Uniquely Uruguayn"
  
   
So people it has 
been a year. 
That is absolutely crazy!!! 
I can not believe that time has flown as fast as it has?!? 

    
I love being a missionary and I love Uruguay!!!! 

The night Cassidy was set apart!
I want to share a few things I LOVE about Uruguay... 

the FOOD - tortas fritas, mondongo, mayo, gizo,  milanesas, fideos con tucco, bizcochos. 
the CULTURE - vos, che, mate!!, gauchos, besos, talking, the LOVE they have for everyone        
the MOTOS - everywhere, 5 or more passengers, no helmets, no traffic laws actually exist
the ANIMALS - cows, horses, carpinchos, dogs, tero teros
the PEOPLE -  LOVE, service, humility, so giving... 

These are just a few of the many many things that I love about this country, where I get the chance to share the Gospel everyday. This week was crazy (as usual) because we had Conference and spent the majority of the week here in Salto and away from our area but nevertheless some really cool things happened this week. 
?????
The first being that we taught a little 12 year old girl, Cecilia who ended up coming to church with us this Sunday. She is a reference from Alberto and she is awesome!! Another awesome Alberto experience is that when we were talking with him and a neighbor of his he told us that " I can feel the presence of God and Christ when we talk to you". BEST moment of the week for sure.

HOME away from HOME
We talked about the spirit a bunch this week in conference and together as companions. It has been amazing to share the gospel and the spirit with others this week every chance that we have had. That is the biggest thing that I have seen and learned during my short time in Uruguay is that when we have the spirit in our lives we are able to enjoy so many different blessings. SO our little Sanovich Soapbox here... LOVE, it is not always easy to love one another. I think that I have truly seen the real meaning of loving others as I have seen people with nothing serve others and give them all that they have. That is true charity and through their examples we are able to love others more and more every single day. This gospel changes lives and it is amazing to be able to share it with everyone every single moment of the day. I LOVE being a missionary!! it has been a crazy 12 months of ups and downs and laughs and yes even tears. BUT every single moment has been so so worth it!! I love this gospel and I want to share it to others for the rest of my life!! 

And so that is my challenge to you all this week --- SHARE the gospel!  Share the blessings that you have with those around you. I use to think that it was hard and that it had to be everything all at once. But it doesn't work that way at all, sharing just the simplest of messages with others is something wonderful!! 

Hermana Sanovich & Sierra "Selfie"




I love you and hope that you have a 
wonderful week starting out the warm Summer out right!! 

Love, Hermana Cassidy Sanovich 

No comments:

Post a Comment