Monday, June 26, 2017

Season 3 Episode 4 " Our bad" (6-26-17)

Season 3 Episode 4 "Our bad"  
Random pic with a Random horse

This week was a little different, we had the wonderful idea to schedule our different appointments back to back  so that we would be using all of our time wisely while we were here. However, someone (me) forgot that we actually walk everywhere and that some of these people do not live close to each other. So every time that we realized that we were not going to be able to be in two places at once we would just look at each other and say "Our bad"...It is our little joke now... We did learn that we will not be scheduling things that way EVER again, but hey we did see a bunch of miracles so I would say that it was worth it. 

One of these miracles involved about an hour walk, lots of dirt, almost being hit by cars and lots of mosquito bites 32 to be exact... However, it was totally worth it! We went out to a neighborhood that I had never been to before to find our friend Silvia that was a reference from Alberto that we had taught a couple of times. So we get out to this neighborhood and there a ton of houses that are all basically on top of each other and we have no idea where to start. So we see a chicken that actually did not look like a dinosaur and we clapped outside the door in front of the chicken. The woman didn't know Silvia and then out of nowhere their neighbor comes out and just says "she lives next door" and points to the house to our right. So we were looking for her but turns out she was not home - but these neighbors wanted to know more...(how exciting) so we taught them about the Restoration in front of their house. At one point I looked and there were about 10 little neighborhood chillens listening to us. This neighborhood has so many opportunities and we are looking forward to going back and meeting more people. 

A different miracle was that I was finally able to do some service!! I have wanted to do something more than the dishes as a service activity forever now and this week we finally got our chance, TWICE!! We helped a family that just moved into the ward stain their window shutters, and later on in the week we helped a Hermana cut out some flags to make a banner for her little 3 year old daughters Birthday. I know neither of them are huge acts of service but we are moving up in the world here people. I guess you could also count the fact that we were in charge of the Nursery and Primary this past Sunday as part of our service too... We are getting there, small acts of service everyday. 

Anyways the big news this week is that CECILIA IS GOING TO GET BAPTIZED!!! We had the opportunity to have Elder Gomez and Elder Martinez come up to our little Bella Union and we had her interview and it looks like she will be getting baptized this coming Saturday. We are all really excited for her and it is even cooler because all of the young women have been so nice and accepting of her, she feels like she is part of the ward already. Ward members and their involvement with her has been huge, from Alberto telling us about her to actually teaching her. The Ward here has always supported us which is amazing. 

The ZONE
So as I said in total I have about 32 mosquito bites on my legs, and they may or may not be driving me absolutely crazy!!! They are itchy and usually they are just a huge distraction... Now what on Earth does this have to do with anything? Two very important words that even a 5 year old told me this week when he saw my legs "BUG SPRAY"... Now to be honest I know that bugs are everywhere, and I know exactly where our bug spray is in our house--- HOWEVER, I have been a little stubborn and have not taken the precaution of using bug spray recently and am now feeling the affects...SO your Challenge this week is to apply the "Spiritual Bug Spray" everyday, it will be our protection because, temptation is real, everywhere and hidden just like these lil mosquitos, but if we do the little things that will protect us everyday we can walk through life without as many bug bites and trust me if I could do it again I totally would use bug spray, its easy and 100 percent worth it...
One more of OUR ZONE

Thank you for all of your love and support that you give me, I can not say it enough!! 
Thank you for being the best people ever!!! 
I love you and hope that you all have a bug bite free week 

LOVE, Hermana Cassidy Sanovich 

No comments:

Post a Comment